As the Owner or Hiring Manager within a business, there are two critical things for your success, your products or services and your people.
We offer expert engineering consultancy services to identify your precise requirements and timeframes before creating your bespoke permanent or contract recruitment campaign.
As an independent agency, you will always work with the business owner who brings more than 25 years of recruitment experience to the table.
3 quality CVs delivered within 48 hours
- 2 interviews for every 3 CVs sent
- 1 job offer for every 3 interviews
- 95% of placed candidates stay 12 months or more
We offer permanent, contract and interim appointments and work within the following sectors.
How do we work?
- Assess your business to understand goals, challenges, opportunities and company culture through detailed discussion or a site visit.
- Take or help you create a detailed job specification to clearly define the role you are recruiting.
- Create and post engaging advert copy across job boards and social media platforms.
- Proactively seek and target potential candidates.
- Thoroughly interview candidates before submitting their CVs to you.
- Fully brief and prepare candidates before interviewing with your company and provide detailed feedback afterwards.
- Efficiently manage the recruitment process, timescales and expectations.
- Manage candidate offers, salary negotiation, counteroffers and reference checks through to successful placement.
- After the candidate has started work with you, we keep in regular contact to ensure you are happy and the candidate is settling in well.
Gerard at Zebra has consistently supplied high-quality candidates to meet our engineering recruitment needs. He works quickly and efficiently and delivers well-briefed and well-qualified candidates. We find Gerard friendly and approachable, and most importantly, it is evident through his experience that he has a strong understanding of our complex technical requirements.
Rod Wilson, General Manager (UK) & CTO, Metrasens
Having used Zebra and worked with Gerard for over 13 years, our Company has come to use him as our first point of contact when recruiting new staff for engineering and other technical roles. The process is made easier by Gerard, as he gets to understand the job specification and our requirements and filters effectively for candidates, meaning we spend less time looking through lots of CV’s and ultimately allowing more time to simply interview a more suited selection of candidates. I find Gerard professional and understanding of our needs and have enjoyed working with him over the period I have known him. I, therefore, would highly recommend Zebra and the service given by Gerard.
Richard Potts, Engineering Manager, E2S Warning Signals
Gerard and his team have consistently supplied good quality temporary and permanent staff to our business for over 20 years. Gerard has an excellent understanding of our recruitment needs and approaches each campaign with tenacity, and delivers results. I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend the services of Zebra Technical Recruitment to any engineering organisation.
Liz Newman, Head of Human Resources
Gerard Latham of Zebra Technical Recruitment has successfully supplied staff to European Safety Systems (E2S) for many years. We have always found Gerard to be extremely professional in his business approach. He has always taken the time to research and understand the needs of our business and then focus on the specific recruitment task at hand. I can state quite honestly and without reservation that Gerard stands apart from other agencies and recruitment approaches. He has been instrumental in successfully recruiting a large proportion of our engineering team in recent years, and I would not hesitate to recommend his services to other engineering organisations. If you need any further clarification, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Peter Fay, Chairman, European Safety Systems
Gerard at Zebra Technical Recruitment has provided our organisation with an exceptional recruitment service for over 10 years. He takes time to understand our requirements and ensure a match from both a technical perspective and a cultural fit for our organisation. He has placed many of our key team members over the years, many of whom are still with us. I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend the services of Gerard and Zebra Technical Recruitment to other engineering organisations.
Paul White, Sales & Operations Manager, Branson Ultrasonics
How to build a resilient team
Defining Resilience There are a few different ways to define resilience, from official definitions to our own beliefs about what it means to be a resilient person. The American Psychological Association (2014) defines resilience as “the process of adapting well in the face of adversity, trauma, tragedy, threats or even significant sources of stress“, whereas […]Read More
How To Increase Productivity In Your Engineering Organisation
The Science Behind Productivity Optimum productivity is the seamless and harmonious operation of your team working together to achieve results, and it relies on a few things: A trained and competent team that has a system to follow Employees who care about meeting their goals Individuals having the right tools to do their job Effective […]Read More
The Ultimate Guide to The Recruitment Process
1. Before You Begin Before we dive into the process itself – I know it’s tempting to rush straight into hiring if your engineering employee has announced they’re leaving – but it’s worth taking some time to consider these three points before you begin planning your hiring strategy. Check Your Employer Brand Firstly, acknowledge that […]Read More